Sunday, May 21, 2023

A Father’s Love

 Scripture:

“The king was overcome with emotion. He went up to the room over the gateway and burst into tears. And as he went, he cried, “O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom! If only I had died instead of you! O Absalom, my son, my son.””  ‭‭2 Samuel‬ ‭18‬:‭33‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

David mourned deeply for his son Absalom. A basal on had tried to overthrow David and take his kingdom away from him, but David didn’t want anything bad to happen to his son. He wanted his son to be safe from all harm above everything else. When he got the news that his son had died, David was distraught.

Application:

A father’s connection to his son is deep. As it is hard to understand why David would put up with the things his son had done, is hard to imagine, but his father’s heart was strong. Sometimes our children can cause us to make mistakes, even when they have messed up deeply. We must guard ourselves from allowing our children’s lives to pull us away from God’s will and intention for us.

Prayer:

Father, help me to fulfill Your will in my life above all else. Teach me to listen and respond correctly to Your voice. Help me to do everything You have laid out for me. Open the right doors and close the wrong doors. Show me Your path and help me to say “yes”. Help me not to make mistakes because of my children.

Your son forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment