Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Put God on the Spot

 Scripture:

““Now stand here and see the great thing the Lord is about to do. You know that it does not rain at this time of the year during the wheat harvest. I will ask the Lord to send thunder and rain today. Then you will realize how wicked you have been in asking the Lord for a king!””  ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭12‬:‭16‬-‭17‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Samuel told the people of Israel, as they were about to crown their first king, to stand and see the great thing the Lord was about to do. He asked the Lord to send thunder and rain in a season when that simply doesn’t happen. Samuel was confident that the Lord would back up his words. The Bible says that the Lord didn’t let any of Samuel’s words fall to the ground.

Application:

Samuel took a bold step of faith and put the Lord on the spot. Faith does that sometimes. Bold faith tells people to watch what the Lord is about to do, even when it looks helpless. I long to have that relationship with the Lord. I long to live a life of faith and to see the power of God as I step out believing His word.

Prayer:

Lord, let me live a life of faith. Help me to walk according to Your ways and to build Your kingdom well. Open doors in front of me and give me faith to follow You to the ends of the earth. Father, I thought I heard Your voice saying, “Do you want it?” Concerning the Harris Teeter building in Ashburn. I replied, “Tes, I want it”.  Give me to faith to see it through. Let it come to pass as I have stepped out and told others about this encounter. Demonstrate Your power!

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment