Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Wisdom and the Fear of God

 Scripture:

“Wisdom is more valuable than gold and crystal. It cannot be purchased with jewels mounted in fine gold. And this is what he says to all humanity: ‘The fear of the Lord is true wisdom; to forsake evil is real understanding.’””  ‭‭Job‬ ‭28‬:‭17‬, ‭28‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Job tells us that wisdom is more valuable than gold or crystal, but that wisdom begins with the fear of the Lord and forsaking evil. In other words, wisdom is powerful, but it begins with fearing God, the source of all wisdom.

Application:

We must ask ourselves, “do I fear God?” We speak often about the love of God, but do we also remember the fear of God? If we are going to walk in great wisdom, we must learn the fear of the Lord. I want to walk with the wise, therefore I must learn more about the fear of the Lord. Loving God and fearing God can walk hand in hand. That’s where I want to walk. I want to embrace His love for me and to fear Him appropriately.

Prayer:

Teach me the fear of the Lord. Show me the path to wisdom. I long to know You in every way. I want to see You, walk with You, learn from You, and fear You completely. Teach me to walk with walk with You every day. Let me draw nearer and nearer to You my Lord and my Savior.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment