Monday, March 9, 2020

The Same Spirit

Scripture:

“Then the LORD came down in the cloud, and spoke to him, and took of the Spirit that was upon him, and placed the same upon the seventy elders; and it happened, when the Spirit rested upon them, that they prophesied, although they never did so again.”
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭11:25‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

God took the Spirit that was upon Moses and put it on seventy elders.  It was the SAME Spirit.  The elders were given the spirit that was upon Moses and they prophesied.  God came upon Moses’ leadership team and it was the same spirit that was on the leader.

Application:

I love the gifts, callings and differences within the local church body, but I long for my leadership team to have the same spirit on their lives that is upon mine.  I want people to function in who they are, but I want God to use them powerfully as they lead and minister.  I long to see those around me flow in the Holy Spirit without having to look, act, and sound like me. I want to raise up men and women who are sensitive to the Holy Spirit and who walk in step with Him, while remaining uniquely who they are.  One heart, one vision, one mission, one spirit, yet different gifts.

Prayer:

Father, let the Spirit on my life be multiplied onto those around me.  Let them run farther and walk closer to You than I have.  Let them achieve great things in the Spirit.  Let them walk in your power and see your glory.  Multiply our leadership.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment