Friday, March 13, 2020

Don’t Be Bought

Scripture:

“Then Balaam answered and said to the servants of Balak, “Though Balak were to give me his house full of silver and gold, I could not go beyond the word of the LORD my God, to do less or more.”
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭22:18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Balak wanted Balaam to curse Israel because they were getting stronger and stronger in his region.  Balaam said back to him, “Though Balak were to give me his house full of silver and gold, I could not go beyond the word of the LORD my God, to do less or more.”  He was saying that he couldn’t be bought with money.

Application:

The love of money is the root of all evil and many people make poor decisions because it pays more. As believers, we are to listen to the voice of God over all other voices, including money.  We must listen to the voice of God and do what he says, whether other ways may get us rich, etc.  I don’t want to ever be influenced by an offering or a paycheck.  I want to be influenced by the Holy Spirit.

Prayer:

Father, help me to serve You well in my generation.  Teach me to obey You and You alone.  Help me not to look at money when making decisions, but to look at what You are saying and doing.  I want to walk in step with You every day of my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment