Thursday, March 19, 2020

Oh That They Had

Scripture:

“Oh, that they had such a heart in them that they would fear Me and always keep all My commandments, that it might be well with them and with their children forever!”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭5:29‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

God has met with Moses and spoken with him.  The children of Israel had the opportunity to have God speak to all of them like He did with Moses, but they were scared and knew they weren’t living right so they appointed Moses to go talk to God and tell them what He said.  God replied to Moses, “Oh, that they had such a heart in them that they would fear Me and always keep all My commandments, that it may be well with them and with their children forever.”  Here you see God’s heart.  He longs for His people to walk in obedience, simply because He wants to bless them.

Application:

Still today God’s heart wants to bless His children.  All He needs is for us to walk in obedience to Him and to fear Him.  He wants us to have a heart to follow Him completely.  His desire is to make it go well for us, but He needs us to live as His dear children.  We must listen to the heart of God saying  He wants to bless us, but He needs us to walk according to His ways.  When we do what God desires, He is waiting to bless our lives.

Prayer:

Father, help me to live in a way that pleases You.  I know You long to bless my life, but You need obedience at all times and I want to provide that.  I want to do Your will in the earth.  Show me daily what I need to do.  Open the doors and I will walk through them.  I am Yours.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment