Saturday, March 7, 2020

Placing God’s Name

Scripture:

“And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying: “Speak to Aaron and his sons, saying, ‘This is the way you shall bless the children of Israel. Say to them: “The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace.” ’ “So they shall put My name on the children of Israel, and I will bless them.””
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭6:22-27‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

God gave Moses the priestly blessing Aaron was to use when blessing the children of Israel.  He said that when they pronounced this blessing, the Lord would put His name on them and bless them.  When the blessing was spoken, it placed the name of God on them and when His name was on them, they were blessed.

Application:

In the Old Testament the priests could speak the blessing and the children of Israel would be blessed. In the New Testament we are a Kingdom of priests and therefore we can speak and release the blessing of God.  I need to speak this powerful blessing over the people I serve as well as over my own life.  I want God’s name placed on my life and His goodness to be seen on my life and family.

Prayer:

Father, help me to speak Your blessing which You instituted as a way to bless Your people.  Even now I say, May the LORD bless me and my family and keep us; may His face shine upon us and be gracious to us.  May the LORD lift His countenance on us and give us peace.  Bless my house, my family, and the people I lead in church.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment