Monday, March 23, 2020

Caution on Speaking in the Name of the Lord

Scripture:

“But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die.’”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭18:20‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking through Moses here and setting things in order about how to function when they enter and conquer the Promised Land.  He tells the people that when they enter, God will raise up prophets to speak on His behalf and they need to listen, but if the prophet speaks something God isn’t speaking, they should be put to death.

Application:

Speaking on God’s behalf is serious business.  We should be careful when saying “God said”.  It is better to say, “I feel like God is saying.”  God didn’t want His people to think they were hearing from Him, but to know.  If there was a prophet who spoke, and it didn’t come to pass, then they were to stone him.  I want to be a person who really hears the word of the Lord accurately and communicates what He is saying to His people.

Prayer:

Father, I want to speak on Your behalf.  I want to preach messages that You want preached.  I want to teach what You want taught.  Open my ears to hear what You are saying in every situation.  Let me hear from You concerning this Coronavirus.  Let me hear the word of the Lord concerning world events.  I want my eyes to see and my ears to hear what You are doing in the earth.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment