Sunday, March 8, 2020

Stay Under His Fire

Scripture:

“Whether it was two days, a month, or a year that the cloud remained above the tabernacle, the children of Israel would remain encamped and not journey; but when it was taken up, they would journey.”
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭9:22‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Whenever the pillar of cloud and the pillar of fire stayed in a place, whether it was a day, a month or a year, they children of Israel were not to move.  Unless the fire moved, they were not to move.  It was God’s way of directing His people.  Their job was to stay under the fire.

Application:

We have the presence of the Holy Spirit constantly in our lives.  He is always with us, yet there is something to be said about staying under the fire.  We need to remain willing and obedient to the voice of the Lord and what He is saying to us.  Whether by fire or by still small voice, God looks for obedience from His children.  When we know God is telling us to move, we need to be ready to move.  When He is telling us to stay, we need to be okay with staying.  We should focus more on the will of God than what we want to do.

Prayer:

Father, help me to follow You and to do exactly what You desire at all times.  I don’t see Your fire visibly over my head, but You can still communicate when it is time to move.  Help me to walk in step with Your Spirit at all times.  I want to see Your fire poured out in greater measure.  Help me to stay under the fire of Your presence.  I want more and more of You.  Come Holy Spirit and guide and direct my life.  I am Yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment