Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Lift Up Your Heads

Scripture:

“Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭21:28‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus had been telling His disciples of all the things that would come to pass before His return.  He talked about wars and pestilences, and earthquakes and signs in the heavens, and even the fulness of the Gentiles.  He then told them that when these things begin to happen, they should lift up their heads because their redemption draws near.

Application:

I see these things constantly in the news today.  It seems to me that everything is drawing to a conclusion on this earth as we know it.  It seems the days Jesus described are increasing at an incredible rate.  Our job at this point is to finish His work while it is day and also to lift up our heads because our redemption draws near.  Our day of redemption is nearer than we realize.  What we do, we must accelerate because God is moving everything towards Christ’s return.  As for me, I’m working hard and looking up.

Prayer:

Father, help me to work hard to the end that as many as possible may be saved and to look up while I work because I know Your coming is soon.  Help me to keep my focus on Your kingdom as Your time of redemption comes close.  Teach me to walk in Your Spirit and to be led by Your Spirit at all times.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment