Friday, March 20, 2020

Give God the Glory

Scripture:

“then you say in your heart, ‘My power and the might of my hand have gained me this wealth.’ “And you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭8:17-18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

God told Moses that He was going to bless the people of Israel.  He told them He was going to give them land and houses they did not build and he would prosper them if they would follow the ways of the Lord and do what He wanted.  He added the above words out of caution because God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.  When He blesses, we must give Him the glory because it is He who gives us the power to get wealth.

Application:

It is easy to slip into pride when God blesses our lives.  It is easy to begin thinking you have great abilities and accomplishments and that’s why you have abundance.  We must remember that it is the Lord who gives the power to get wealth.  When we are blessed, we must remember it is more about what the Lord has done than what we have done.  When blessed... give God the glory.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for blessing my life.  I love You and I know I am nothing without You.  It is You and You alone who have blessed and prospered my life.  I give You the glory for every good thing You have blessed me with.  Help me to honor You more and more with my life.  You know my heart. When our church has land and buildings, I want to be able to say, “It was all the Lord...only He could have blessed us in this way.”

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment