Tuesday, March 3, 2020

God Honors Humility

Scripture:

“I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭18:14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus told the story of a rich man and a poor man who came to the place of prayer.  The rich man boasted in his goodness and the poor man beat his breast and declared, “God be merciful to men a sinner.”  Jesus said this man justified because of his humility, then Jesus goes on to say that whoever humbles himself will be exalted and whoever exalts himself will be humbled.

Application:

We can never come to God with our list of good things we have done.  He responds to a heart of humility and thankfulness for all He has done in us and for us.  He justifies sinners who humble themselves and tears down self-righteous people who think they are something.  God honors humility and brokenness, that is what we should honor.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in humility before You all the days of my life.  Help me not to boast in anything but You.  I want to represent You well in my generation.  Teach me to walk in humility and to trust You more and more.  You are my everything and without You, I am helpless.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment