Thursday, March 5, 2020

Father Forgive Them

Scripture:

“Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.” And they divided His garments and cast lots.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭23:34‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

When Jesus was on the cross, His heart was still for people.  He walked in forgiveness, even for those who were killing Him and asked His Father to forgive them.  He understood that these things needed to happen and therefore, was able to realize it wasn’t them putting Christ on the cross, but our sin.  Even when being killed, our Savior was forgiving people.

Application:

When we walk in forgiveness, we are walking with Jesus.  He is the ultimate example of forgiving those who don’t deserve it.  He showed us how to forgive, even those who are persecuting us.  Our job is to forgive like Jesus forgave, expecting nothing in return.  Jesus forgave offense, period!  We need to learn to forgive as He did.

Prayer:

Lord, You are incredible and I love You with all my heart.  Help me to walk in forgiveness as You did.  Help me to have the mind and attitude of Christ at all times.  Teach me to walk with You and to love how You love.  Fill me with Your Spirit and help me to do Your will at all times.  I am Yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment