Friday, March 27, 2020

Cling to the Lord

Scripture:

“that you may love the LORD your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.””
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭30:20‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

God had just set life and death before the people of Israel and told them to choose life and to walk in obedience to Him.  His words to them were: Love the LORD, obey His voice, cling to Him, He is your life, He is the length of your days, and He wants you to live in the Promised Land.  God wants the best and has provided the best for us, but we need to cling to Him, love Him and obey Him.

Application:

In times like we are currently in, it is crucial that we cling to the Lord, love Him and obey Him.  His ways will cause us to live in the land of promise.  His ways will cause us to prosper.  His ways will bring us to long life in the land of promise.  When the pressures of life and the the situations surrounding me get out of control, I must cling to the Lord.  He is my everything.

Prayer:

Father, let me cling to You with all I am.  You are my life and my salvation.  Your are my strength and the length of my days.  All that I am is in You.  I am Yours and I choose life.  I choose to cling to You today instead of giving into fear.  I choose to follow You today instead of doing whatever I want.  I am Yours both now and forever.  I cling to You!

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment