Friday, March 6, 2020

Obedience

Scripture:

“Thus the children of Israel did according to all that the LORD commanded Moses; so they camped by their standards and so they broke camp, each one by his family, according to their fathers’ houses.”
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭2:34‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

This verse tells us that the children of Israel did according to all that a the LORD commanded Moses.  They believed the man of God and did exactly what he said.  When they followed in that manner, they were blessed, when they decided to follow their own hearts, they messed up every single time.

Application:

The most important aspect of following the Lord is obedience.  God wants a people who are completely His.  He wants a kingdom of priests who follow His ways and His commands.  When we follow the Lord and His commands, we will see the blessings He has promised.  When we don’t obey, we see problems on every corner.  Obedience is better than sacrifice.  I need to do exactly what I feel the Lord says do and not only the parts that make sense to me.

Prayer:

Father, I love You and want to represent You well all the days of my life.  I want to walk with You and talk with You.  I want to obey you in every area of my life.  I want to be led by Your Spirit and not my flesh.  I want to do Your will.  Empower me to do what I know I need to do and not to do the things You don’t want me to do.  Help me to be led by You and not by th opinions of others.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment