Saturday, March 14, 2020

Succession Planning

Scripture:

“And the LORD said to Moses: “Take Joshua the son of Nun with you, a man in whom is the Spirit, and lay your hand on him;”
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭27:18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

God told Moses He was going to take him, but before he was going, he was to lay hands on Joshua who was a young man who was filled with the Spirit.  Through the laying on of hands, people would see that he was to be the next in charge.  They would know who their next leader was because they witnessed Moses give him authority and inaugurate him in front of them.  With laying on of hands there is a transfer of authority.

Application:

It is said that there is no success without a successor.  The next leader should be able to stand on the shoulders of the previous one because there was a transfer of authority before they left the scene.  The next leader shouldn’t try to fill the shoes of the previous, but stand on their shoulders.  I need to always be raising up leaders who can take the people of God farther than I ever could.  My responsibility is to think long term and see what God is doing and who He wants to lead and prepare them to lead well,

Prayer:

Father, help me to see what You see.  Help me to see who You are putting Your hand on as a leader.  Teach me to think generationally and to truly become a father of leaders.  Enable me to lead well and to prepare others to take over so that the kingdom can advance faster and farther when I am finished.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment