Thursday, March 26, 2020

Rejoice with Firstfruits

Scripture:

“and now, behold, I have brought the firstfruits of the land which you, O LORD, have given me.’ “Then you shall set it before the LORD your God, and worship before the LORD your God. So you shall rejoice in every good thing which the LORD your God has given to you and your house, you and the Levite and the stranger who is among you.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭26:10-11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, the children of Israel were told that they were to bring the firstfruits, a tithe, to the Lord and set I before Him and worship before Him.  He then told them this is how they were to rejoice in every good thing He had given them.  They were to demonstrate their rejoicing through bringing their firstfruits to the Lord.

Application:

When we give our firstfruits, it should be a time of rejoicing before the Lord because He is the one who gave us power to produce wealth and to do anything with our lives.  Firstfruits is a time of rejoicing and demonstrating to the Lord that you truly know that it was He that gave it to you and not just something you worked hard for.  We are to give God the glory for giving us the ability to bring Him our firstfruits.

Prayer:

Lord, let me rejoice in firstfruits and not just bring a tithe or an offering.  It is truly You who has blessed my life and given me everything I have.  You are the one who has raised me up and not me or self.  You have blessed my life in so many ways.  I know that every good thing in my life has come from You.  I am Yours.  Receive my firstfruits always and teach me to rejoice in Your provision.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment