Saturday, February 22, 2020

There is Life in Obedience

Scripture:

“You shall therefore keep My statutes and My judgments, which if a man does, he shall live by them: I am the LORD.”
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭18:5‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Leviticus is a long recitation of the laws of God and how He wanted His people to live.  There were 613 laws in the Old Testament.  These laws were not made simply to make God’s people miserable.  They were actually, according to this verse, so that man will live.  God wanted to protect His people and He knew if they did certain things, they would hurt themselves, therefore He made laws so they could LIVE.

Application:

Any good parent tells their child about things that will hurt them.  A good parent knows that certain decisions will produce undesirable results.  Therefore the parent forbids the child from doing certain things, not to be mean, but because they want their children to live and have a good life.  God deals with us the same way.  He wants us safe and there is safety in obedience.  When we follow God wholeheartedly and walk in obedience, we will also have a good life.

Prayer:

Father, thank you for showing me this today.  You love me and want what’s best for me.  Help me to see that Your restrictions are for my benefit and not to simply make my life hard or to forbid certain things.  In Your love for me, You set boundaries.  Help me to stay within Your boundaries for my life that I may live.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment