Friday, February 14, 2020

Believe that You Receive

Scripture:

“Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭11:24‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus was teaching His disciples some things about faith and prayer.  He had cursed a fig tree the day before and the disciples noticed it was withered when they came by the next day.  They asked Him about it and He said that if they had faith like a grain of mustard seed they could speak to a mountain and tell it to move and it would move.  Then He added, “whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.”  Faith is believing you receive, even though you don’t see them yet.  This leads to actually having those things you prayed for.

Application:

Without faith it is impossible to please God.  I want to be a man of faith.  I want to pray prayers that get answered.  I want to take Jesus at His word and believe what He said.  I believe with all my heart that Jesus meant the things He said and He said things like this often.  When I pray for something, I want to believe that I receive it and then have it, not according to my word, but the word of Jesus.  

Prayer:

Lord, increase my faith to believe that I receive the things I pray for.  Teach me this more and more.  Help me to understand the things You said when You were with us.  Help me to live a life of faith that pleases You completely.  I am Yours and want to live Your teachings.  Increase my faith and help me to believe that I receive what I pray for.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment