Wednesday, February 19, 2020

The Glory Falls on Obedience

Scripture:

“And Moses and Aaron went into the tabernacle of meeting, and came out and blessed the people. Then the glory of the LORD appeared to all the people, and fire came out from before the LORD and consumed the burnt offering and the fat on the altar. When all the people saw it, they shouted and fell on their faces.”
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭9:23-24‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Moses and Aaron did everything the Lord had spoken to Moses, exactly as He was told by the Lord.  They didn’t leave out one detail.  When they, and Aaron’s sons, had done everything the Lord had prescribed to them, they blessed the people and then the glory of the Lord appeared to all the people, fire came out from the Lord and consumed the burnt offering.  When the people saw it, they shouted and fell on their faces.

Application:

The glory falls on obedience.  When we do things God’s ways, we get God results.  God is looking for a people who will do His will in the earth instead of their own will.   He is looking for a people who will be completely His.  I want to see the glory of the Lord in my generation and I realize it will take complete obedience in every area.

Prayer:

Father, I want to see Your glory.  I want to see You work in my generation in ways that nobody can argue.  I want to see Your glory come to the level that everyone shouts and falls on their faces before Your presence.  I long to see You move in power and great might.  Help me to walk in obedience to Your desires.  Help me to live a life that You can bless with Your presence more and more.  I want to be completely Yours.  Let Your glory manifest in my life, my church and my region.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment