Thursday, February 20, 2020

Regarded as Holy

Scripture:

“And Moses said to Aaron, “This is what the LORD spoke, saying: ‘By those who come near Me I must be regarded as holy; And before all the people I must be glorified.’ ” So Aaron held his peace.”
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭10:3‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Nadab and Abihu had offered profane fire to the Lord, which the Lord had not told them to do.  They were killed by the LORD for this and then the LORD said, “By those who come near Me I must be regarded as holy; and before all the people I must be glorified.”  Gos is holy and His people can’t take Him lightly.  He is awesome and powerful and must be feared.  You don’t play with God.

Application:

God must be reverenced by us, for He is holy.  He is highly exalted and His commands are not to be lightly treated.  Today, we see God as all loving, which is correct about His nature, but He is also a holy God who is to be feared by His people.  I need to reverence the Lord more and honor His presence in my everyday life.  He is worthy of my very best.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are holy, righteous, and mighty.  There is no other god like You.  You are worthy of my highest praise and my best-lived life.  Help me to walk in a way that pleases and honors Your name.  Teach me to walk with You each and every day.  Let my life bring You honor.  Help me to fear You and reverence Your holy name.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment