Monday, February 17, 2020

Offer God Your Best

Scripture:

“‘If his offering is a burnt sacrifice of the herd, let him offer a male without blemish; he shall offer it of his own free will at the door of the tabernacle of meeting before the LORD.”
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭1:3‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

When God is giving instructions about bringing sacrifices and offering to the Lord, He goes into detail about how it should happen.  A man needs to offer a male that has no blemish and it needs to be given of his own free will.

Application:

As New Testament believers, we don’t have to bring lambs and goats, but we should still offer our very best to God freely.  When we come to God, we should not be looking for something, but offering our lives as a pure sacrifice that is set apart for Him.  God doesn’t deserve our leftovers, He deserves our very best.  He willingly gave His Son for us, we must willingly lay down our lives at the altar of sacrifice and give ourselves completely to Him.

Prayer:

Father, let my life be without spot or blemish.  I lay it down before You as an offering.  I give You my life and I say let it be used for Your purposes in the earth.  Help me to live a life that puts You first and offers You the continual sacrifice of my life and my all.  I offer all that I am freely Lord for Your kingdom.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment