Sunday, February 23, 2020

Consecration and Sanctification

Scripture:

“Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy, for I am the LORD your God. And you shall keep My statutes, and perform them: I am the LORD who sanctifies you.”
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭20:7-8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

As Moses was giving the Law to the people of God, he tells them to consecrate themselves and be holy because the LORD is holy.  He tells them to keep His statutes and then declares, “I am the LORD who sanctifies you.”  We do the consecration, He does the sanctification.

Application:

As God’s children and as a royal priesthood and holy nation, we need to consecrate our lives to Him. Consecration is what we do for Him, sanctification is what He does for us.  As we consecrate our lives by living a life that is pure and holy and walking in obedience to Him, He always sets us apart, which is what sanctification is.  He sets us apart when we put Him first and fully give our lives to Him.

Prayer:

Father, I consecrate my life to You.  You are worthy of it all!  You are worthy of my very best!  I surrender to Your will at all times.  Sanctify my life and set me apart for Your service and Your kingdom.  Let my life be completely separated for You and Your purposes in my generation.  I offer all that I am to You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment