Thursday, February 13, 2020

Mindful of the Right Things

Scripture:

“But when He had turned around and looked at His disciples, He rebuked Peter, saying, “Get behind Me, Satan! For you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭8:33‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus had ask His disciples who the world was saying He was.  They told Him that some of them thought He was Elijah or one of the prophets, or John the Baptist.  Jesus took them deeper and asked who they thought He was.  Peter answered and said He was the Christ.  Jesus began to teach them about His death and resurrection and Peter argued that Christ would not die.  Jesus said Peter was not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.

Application:

Peter was very perceptive spiritually at one moment and shortly thereafter, he was wrong and Jesus rebuked him for it.  Peter was not mindful of the things of God, but of men.  I want to be more mindful of the things of the spirit and what is going on spiritually.  I don’t want to be wrapped up in what man thinks or what reasoning makes sense.  I want my mind stayed on the things of the Spirit.

Prayer:

Father, make me more mindful of what You are doing around me.  Help me to see with spiritual eyes that are opened by You and Your Spirit.  Teach me to walk in Your ways and Your paths.  I want to see things from Your perspective and not what makes sense to me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment