Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Sick People Need Jesus

Scripture:

“When Jesus heard it, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭2:17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus was accused by the religious people of spending time with tax collectors and sinners.  They were confronting His disciples about why he would hang out with such bad people.  Jesus heard it and said, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.  I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”  What powerful words.

Application:

Jesus had no problem with shining His light in darkness.  He had no problem with being around sinners and bad people.  He knew why He came and it kept Him on His mission.  He always had an answer to the Pharisees who came against Him.  I need to think about how to get out into the world more in 2020 instead of being trapped inside the walls of a church.  I want to be more like Jesus.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to be more like You.  Help me to reach more people in 2020 than any year in my life.  Show me how to connect with sinners and ungodly people.  Let my light shine brighter and brighter this year and let me represent You well.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment