Monday, February 10, 2020

Complete Obedience and the Glory

Scripture:

“Thus Moses did; according to all that the LORD had commanded him, so he did.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭40:16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

In the passage above, it says that Moses did according to all that the LORD had commanded him.  God had given extremely detailed plans and processes to Moses and he did each of them exactly as the LORD had given them to him.  At the end of this chapter, the glory of the LORD comes upon the Tabernacle and a pillar of cloud and a pillar of fire led them from that point onward.

Application:

Complete obedience for Moses equaled the glory of the LORD coming upon the work of His hands.  When we do things God’s way, we will get God results.  When we work hard to do things exactly as the LORD would want them, we will see His glory more and more.  God puts his glory on our obedience.  I don’t want to move ahead of God in any area of my life.  I need to slow down and get exact instructions and do them before I do anything else.  I want to see the LORD’s glory.

Prayer:

Father, I want to honor You with my life.  I want do things Your way as Moses did.  Help me to stop trying to do what others are doing or what I think needs to be done and simply do what You ask me to do.  Teach me to hear Your voice above all else and to seek Your face more.  Help me to obey You to the level of detail that Moses did.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment