Friday, February 28, 2020

Love and Forgiveness

Scripture:

“Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭7:47‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, Jesus is defending Mary, who had just broken open a box of alabaster perfume and anointed His feet.  She washed His feet with her tears and dried them with her hair.  She loved much because she was forgiven much.  Some love little because they have been forgiven little.  People who were in prison appreciate freedom more than those who haven’t been there.

Application:

I don’t want my love level to be determined by how much I have been forgiven.  I want to love God because of who He is and not just because He gave me a better life.  I don’t want my love level to be based on my forgiveness level.  I want to break that and demonstrate extravagant love from my heart. I got saved very early and don’t have a terrible testimony, but my sins were just as bad as anyone else’s.  Sin is sin and we have all been forgiven much.  I want to love God like someone who has been forgiven much.

Prayer:

Lord, let my love for You increase every say.  Help me to never lose my passion for Your and Your kingdom.  Let it increase and not decrease.  I want to show You love like someone who came from a terrible past.  You have been incredible to me and I want to show my love for You daily.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment