Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Keep The Fire Burning

Scripture:

“And the fire on the altar shall be kept burning on it; it shall not be put out. And the priest shall burn wood on it every morning, and lay the burnt offering in order on it; and he shall burn on it the fat of the peace offerings.”
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭6:12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

God told the priests they had to keep the fire for the fur to offering going.  It was never to go out.  They were to put wood on it every morning and the burnt offering was to continually be on the fire.  God burned up the sacrifices, but the priests had to keep the fire burning.

Application:

In the New Covenant, we are a kingdom of priests.  Our lives are to continually be offered to the Lord.  We no longer have to bring burnt offerings or peace offerings or go through all the detail that our forefathers had to because of the blood of Jesus Christ.  Now we offer our lives as a sacrifice.  Our job is to live in continual surrender and sacrifice before the Lord.  It is our job to keep the fire burning by stirring up the gifts that are within us.  I need to keep my fire burning brightly for the Lord and that is up to me, not Him.

Prayer:

Father, keep my fire burning bright.  Help me to live a sacrificial lifestyle before You.  I lay myself on Your altar and ask You to consume my life.  Let my fire never weaken, but grow stronger and stronger.  Teach me to walk with You more and more.  teach me to hear Your voice and walk according to Your ways.  Fill me with Your Spirit every day and show me what steps to take along the way.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment