Wednesday, February 26, 2020

The Intro of Jesus

Scripture:

“John answered, saying to all, “I indeed baptize you with water; but One mightier than I is coming, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loose. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

John the Baptist saw Jesus and introduced Him to the world by saying, “I indeed baptize you with water...He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.”  The first introduction of Jesus to the world when He was of age to begin His ministry introduced Him as the one who would baptize with the Holy Spirit and with fire.  In other words, this is a primary purpose of why He came.

Application:

We should be asking Jesus to do what he came to do.  We should be asking Him to baptize people in the Holy Spirit and in fire.  We need to cry out to God to baptize our generation in the Holy Spirit and fire.  I need to emphasize this purpose of Jesus more and more.  It is what He came and I must preach why He came.  I desire to see a people who are constantly being filled with the Holy Spirit and fire who are setting the world on fire.

Prayer:

Father, send Your Spirit and baptize me again with fire.  I want all of You in my life I can handle.  Let my life be consumed with You.  Fill me.  Baptize me.  I want to walk with You and reflect You well in my generation.  Let me be completely Yours.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment