Sunday, February 2, 2020

According to the Need

Scripture:

“So when they measured it by omers, he who gathered much had nothing left over, and he who gathered little had no lack. Every man had gathered according to each one’s need.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭16:18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

When God sent manna to feed His people in the wilderness, he sent them exactly what they needed.  “He who gathered much, had nothing left over, and he who gathered little had no lack.”  Each of them gathered according to their own needs.  God supplied the need of each family by giving them exactly what they needed.  He didn’t give too much or too little.

Application:

We love scriptures like, “and my God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory.”  The reality is, God gives us what we need.  He loves to supply for our needs and this allows us to learn to trust Him daily.  He wants us to live by faith and watch Him take care of us.  We like to have security and plan for tomorrow.  God wants us to live by faith that He will give us what we need when we need it.

Prayer:

Father, help me to live by faith, trusting You to do each day what is necessary for that day.  I would love to get ahead and live a life of ease, but that doesn’t make me trust You.  Help me to live with discipline, plan well, but trust You to take care of my life and my family.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment