Monday, February 18, 2019

When You Realize It

Scripture:

““Or suppose you unknowingly touch something that makes a person unclean. When you realize what you have done, you must admit your guilt.”
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭5:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Here in Leviticus are a list of laws about when you unknowingly touch something that makes you unclean or do something unknowingly.  It says, when you realize what you have done, you must admit your guilt.

Application:

Generally, we like to get away with whatever we can in life.  If nobody notices or gets hurt, then we don’t feel like we need to repent.  Here we see that even if we don’t know that we did something wrong, but realize we have, we must confess and admit our guilt.  This shows me the seriousness of sin in our lives.  I want to be more sensitive about the things I “unknowingly” do.

Prayer:

Holy Spirit, You are my teacher, my guide, my revealer, and my strength.  Make me senstive to anything I am doing unknowingly that would hinder my relationship with You or others.  Increase my sensitivity of things that I am unknowingly doing that are hurting You or those around me.  I want to live a life that truly honors You in every way.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment