Monday, February 4, 2019

The Enemy of My Enemies

Scripture:

“But if you are careful to obey him, following all my instructions, then I will be an enemy to your enemies, and I will oppose those who oppose you.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭23:22‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

As God was giving the law to Moses, He told him that if the people were careful to obey Him, He would be an enemy to their enemies.  He went on to say He would oppose those who oppose them.  This was all based upon the obedience of the people and them following His instructions.

Application:

Our love for God is demonstrated through our obedience to what He calls us to do.  When we walk in obedience, we can expect God to be the enemy of our enemies and to oppose those who oppose us.  Obedience to the Lord is the foundation of all in the spiritual life.  When we walk in obedience, we are telling God we trust Him and His ways over our own.  I must learn to walk in absolute obedience to the Lord and watch Him bring the victory in my life.

Prayer:

Father, I love You and want to serve You well.  Teach me to trust You and Your ways more and more.  Help me to fulfill Your will in my generation.  Help me to leave nothing undone that You want me to do.  Convict me when I’m getting off course or doing my own thing.  Show me the way and empower me to do it with all my heart.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment