Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Consecrated

Scripture:

“For I am the Lord your God. You must consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy. So do not defile yourselves with any of these small animals that scurry along the ground.”
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭11:44‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God goes into extreme detail about what His children can eat and not eat and how to be considered holy by Him.  He has always looked for a people who would be fully and completely His.  He has always looked for a people who would be fully consecrated to Him.  In the Old Testament that was accomplished through following all of the Laws, in the New Testament, Jesus fulfilled the Law so we can be considered holy.

Application:

Even though Jesus paid the price for our cleansing, we must realize that God still is looking for a people who are consecrated to Him.  Though He doesn’t now accept us on our performance of religious Laws, we should strive to live a life of holiness because we know that is His desire for us.  I want to live a life that God smiles on and says, “that’s my son.  Doesn’t he look like me?”

Prayer:

Lord, let my life be consecrated fully and completely to You.  Thank you for fulfilling the Law and giving me access to You.  Help me to live a life that honors You and fulfills Your desires.  Help me to be consecrated more and more to You and Your will as I endeavor to serve You.  You are worthy of my very best!

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment