Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Fire From Heaven

Scripture:

“Fire blazed forth from the Lord’s presence and consumed the burnt offering and the fat on the altar. When the people saw this, they shouted with joy and fell face down on the ground.”
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭9:24‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Aaron and his sons did everything the Lord had instructed them to in order to be ready to serve as priests for the people of Israel.  They prepared themselves, the offerings, and everything precisely how the Lord wanted it.  When they did it God’s way, the fire blazed forth from the Lord’s presence and consumed the offerings.  People saw it and shouted and fell face down before the Lord.

Application:

God’s fire falls on obedience.  He has a way of doing things and He wants us to do things His way, not our own.  When we do things His way, He shows up with fire and great glory.  We should prepare ourselves as living sacrifices, holy and acceptable to God.  We should offer ourselves to Him continually and then believe that He will send the fire to consume the sacrifice.  our sacrifice...His fire.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to align myself with You more and more.  Let me offer You the sacrifice You want in every part of my life.  Teach me to live a life that pleases You and brings Your glory and manifested presence.  I want to see Your fire fall and consume the sacrifice.  I give myself to You.  Lost Your glory fall in my life and through my life.  I am Yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment