Friday, February 8, 2019

God Describes Himself

Scripture:

“The Lord passed in front of Moses, calling out, “Yahweh! The Lord! The God of compassion and mercy! I am slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭34:6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

When a person introduces themselves, you can pick up on who they are and what they see as the most important things in their lives.  Here, God introduces Himself to Moses and says to him, “The God of compassion and mercy! I am slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.”  This is God’s self-description.

Application:

We can trust in the Lord our God.  He is full of compassion and mercy.  he is slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.  His love never fails!  His mercies are new every morning.  He is the faithful God who is always compassionate.  We don’t have to ever question God’s personality or wonder if He loves us.  We can be confident in trusting Him with our lives.  Even when things don’t appear to be going well, He knows every detail and will turn it into something good in our lives.  We simply need to learn to trust Him.

Prayer:

Father, you have been so good to me throughout the years of my life.  You are incredible!  You are my rock and my fortress.  I find my solace in You.  You are my strength and my redeemer.  You are faithful and patient with me.  Your love never fails me.  Lead me today.  Talk to me today.  I want to know You more each day.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment