Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Because of Your Word

Scripture:

““Master,” Peter replied, “we’ve just come back from fishing all night and didn’t catch a thing. But if you insist, we’ll go out again and let down our nets because of your word.””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭5:5‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Peter understood fishing much better than Jesus did.  He knew where to fish, when to fish, and how to fish.  When Jesus told him to go out again and put out their nets, he could have really had an attitude, instead he thought, “maybe He knows something I don’t”.  He had seen Jesus working some miracles at this point and decided to listen to His word.

Application:

Today, we are really good at studying situations and best practices to see what we need to do.  We feel we know exactly what is best for our lives so when Jesus speaks to us, we only listen if we feel it fits in with our plans.  I need to trust God and do things because of His word and not because I have studied the situation and I know what is best.  At His word, everything changes.  At His word, mountains move.  At His word, situations we have studied and planned for can be transformed.  I need to trust His word instead of my planning and preparation.  he is the kings f the Universe.

Prayer:

Father, help me to listen to Your word.  Open my ears to hear and my eyes to see what You are doing.  Help me to rely more and more on You and less on me and my ideas, thoughts and plans.  You are trustworthy.  Help me to trust You more.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment