Thursday, February 21, 2019

Don’t Defile the Tabernacle

Scripture:

““This is how you will guard the people of Israel from ceremonial uncleanness. Otherwise they would die, for their impurity would defile my Tabernacle that stands among them.”
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭15:31‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

All three chapters in today’s reading were about cleansing something that had become defiled.  Whether it was a person with a skin disease, a flow of blood, a house that had mildew, etc., if there was something that made it unclean, it had a process in order to be called clean again.  This final verse in this section says, “otherwise they would die, for thei impurity would defile my Tabernacle.”

Application:

God went to great lengths to make sure people were clean when they entered His Tabernacle.  He made sure they were not contaminated in any way because they would die if they entered His presence contaminated by anything.  His desire was a pure people who could enter His presence uncontaminated.  My body is now the Temple of the Holy Spirit.  I need to realize the awesomeness of that and make sure I don’t live in a way that contaminates the body He dwells in.  Holiness must be in my life.

Prayer:

Father, You are holy!  You are awesome!  Help me to walk in purity at all times and to live a life that honors You.  Help me to live in a way that pleases You and makes You feel welcome.  Cleanse me from anything that You would not want.  I am Yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment