Monday, February 25, 2019

God’s Eternal Desire

Scripture:

“I will live among you, and I will not despise you. I will walk among you; I will be your God, and you will be my people.”
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭26:11-12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God was very clear with His people Israel that He desperately wanted them to follow and obey Him so that they could walk in His blessing and see His goodness.  If they would just obey Him, He would bless their land, their crops, their fields, and protect them from their enemies.  He desired to live among them and not despise them.  He wanted to be their God and for them to be His people.

Application:

This is still the heart of God.  He is looking for a people who will be completely His.  He desires people who will follow Him completely and walk in His ways.  His promise still works.  He will bless those who walk in obedience and put Him first in all things.  He is faithful when His people are faithful.  My job is to follow Him with all my heart.  His part is the pour out the blessings.

Prayer:

Father, I want to walk in Your ways and follow You wholeheartedly.  I desire for You to be my God and I want to be Your Son.  I want to fully fulfill Your will in my life, the church You have given me, and in my family.  Help me to hear Your voice and to do what You are speaking at all times.  I am Yours.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment