Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Priestly Intercession

Scripture:

““In this way, Aaron will carry the names of the tribes of Israel on the sacred chestpiece over his heart when he goes into the Holy Place. This will be a continual reminder that he represents the people when he comes before the Lord.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭28:29‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God had Moses and his team make a chest piece that would be worn by the high priest when he went into the Holy Place.  He designed it so that the names of the tribes would be worn over his heart when he entered the Holy Place so that he would have a reminder that he represents the people when he comes before the Lord.

Application:

Today, God doens’t require us to wear special clothing to come into His presence, but I think the principle applies that we are to represent people before the Lord.  When we come into His presence, we should be carrying the people we serve and love to the Lord and interceding for them.  In the New Covenant, we are a kingdom of priests and should carry our people to the Lord.

Prayer:

Lord, let this reading be a reminder to me that I represent the people I serve before You.  Help me to spend more time praying for them and interceding for them.  Teach me to carry them before Your throne.  Remind me to pray for the needs of our people more and more.

Yours,
Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment