Thursday, February 14, 2019

A Different Model

Scripture:

“You are to lead by a different model. If you want to be the greatest one, then live as one called to serve others. The path to promotion and prominence comes by having the heart of a bond-slave who serves everyone.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭10:43-44‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Here Jesus is talking to His disciples about leadership in His Kingdom.  He tells them they are to lead by a different model.  They are live as those who serve others.  He tells them that the path to prominence and promotion comes by having the heart of a bond-slave who serves everyone.  The servant of all will be promoted in God’s kingdom.

Application:

Leadership in God’s kingdom comes through service.  My job as a leader is to serve others, not to rule over others.  I need to learnt to serve other’s vision and help them reach their potential.  My desires need to be about helping others achieve what God is putting in their hearts.  My vision needs to be about helping others get to their vision.

Prayer:

Lord, I hear Your speaking recently along these lines.  Teach me to release people into their potential in You.  Help me to invest in others and to see their gifts and callings, and to enable them to get where they are suppose to be in Your Kingdom.  Help me to live a life of investing in those Your send to me.  Let those I serve do great things in Your kingdom.’

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment