Tuesday, February 5, 2019

The Fire Must Never Go Out

Scripture:

“The lampstand will stand in the Tabernacle, in front of the inner curtain that shields the Ark of the Covenant. Aaron and his sons must keep the lamps burning in the Lord’s presence all night. This is a permanent law for the people of Israel, and it must be observed from generation to generation.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭27:21‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God told Moses here that they needed to build a lamp stand that would go just outside the Holy do holies.  The priests job was to keep the lamps burning all night in the Lord’s presence.  This was to be a permanent law from generation to generation.

Application:

Jesus said that we are like a lampstand that gives off light.  We are not to hide our light, but share our light everywhere we go.  The fire in us that produces light must never go out.  We must continually burn for the Lord and allow His light to shine through us.  To keep the fire burning, we need time in His presence daily.

Prayer:

Lord, let me reflect Your glory all day every day.  Help me to shine with Your presence and let my flame never go out..  I belong to You.  Fill my life to overflowing with Your Spirit, which is the eternal flame that never goes out.  I am Yours.  Fill me today and help me to shine for You all day long.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment