Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Slipped Away

Scripture:

“So he dispersed the crowd, said good-bye to his disciples, then slipped away to pray on the mountain.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭6:46‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus and His disciples were overwhelmed with all the people following them at all times.  They needed a break from the crowd, so Jesus sent His disciples on a boar to go across the Sea of Galilee and He slipped away to pray on the mountain.  Even though He was the Son of God, He found a way to slip away for prayer.

Application:

If Jesus, the Son of God, needed to slip away to pray, how much more do we need the same?  When my life gets out of control with busyness, I need to learn this principle and do it.  The busier I get the more I need to slip away for time with the Father.  Life has gotten very busy recently and I need to slip away, turn off the cell phone, and spend some time with my Father.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me learnt to slip away for time with You.  As things get busier in my life, help me to implement this practice.  Teach me to walk with You closer and closer.  I want to know You and I realize You are my source for life and everything I need.  In my busyness, help me to slip away just to be with You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment