Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Joy and Gladness

Scripture:

Isaiah 51:11 "And the ransomed of Jehovah shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their heads: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and sighing shall flee away".

Observation:

Isaiah is speaking to God's people and he tells them that the people of God will return to Zion one day and that when they do, they will get gladness and joy instead of sorrow and sighing.  He tells them of a day when things will be better and when their joy will return to them.  Joy is promised to God's people, yet few walk in it.

Application:

The second fruit of the Spirit is joy.  Joy is central to the Gospel.  Everywhere the Gospel was preached, there was joy in the city.  Joy should be part of serving Jesus, but most Christians are not walking in His joy.  I know I get burdened down at time with the cares of life and my joy tends to run low.  I need a good dose of joy in my life at the present time. 

Prayer:

Father, I need Your joy.  You said that joy would be upon your people's heads and that they would obtain gladness and joy.  I want to walk in Your joy.  You are amazing and there is no reason why I should be downcast.  You are faithful and always deliver me.  You are my strength and song.  Help me to walk in  You joy.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment