Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Don't Mess with the Lord

Scripture:

Jeremiah 48:26  "Make ye him drunken; for he magnified himself against Jehovah: and Moab shall wallow in his vomit, and he also shall be in derision."

Observation:

God speaks about Moab to Jeremiah.  He says that because they magnified themselves against the Lord, they will wallow in their vomit and be in derision like a drink person.  He says that those who lift up, or magnify, themselves against the Lord, will have serious trouble in the future.

Application:

Don't mess with the Lord and His people!  God takes care of His people and when people or nations come against God and his people, they are in serious trouble.  God is a righteous judge and one day everyone who stands against Him will be judged.  I want to be on the side of His blessing and not the side of His judgement.

Prayer:

Father, let my life bring you glory and honor.  Teach me not to  lift myself up, but to trust You more and more each day.  Let me live a life of humility before you every day.  Forgive me to magnifying myself over You at times by only seeing my problems and not submitting to Your ways.  Help me live life well and walk in submission to You day by day.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment