Wednesday, October 18, 2017

I Will Bring Them Up

Scripture:

Jeremiah 27:22 "They shall be carried to Babylon, and there shall they be, until the day that I visit them, saith Jehovah; then will I bring them up, and restore them to this place."

Observation:

Jeremiah gave a word to the people of Judah from the Lord.  He told them that God was going to let them be carried off to Babylon for punishment because of their pride and following after other gods.  Even when God tells them of the their punishment, He is already speaking to them about their restoration.  He says He will bring them up and restore them.

Application:

Psalms tells us that God's anger lasts for a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime.  Even when God gets fed up with people and brings them to a place of punishment, His eye is on the day day He can restore them and raise them up.  He is always working to restore people back to Himself.

Prayer:

Father, You were in Christ reconciling the world to Yourself.  Help me to be doing the work of reconciliation.  Teach me to always be looking for Your restoration in people's lives.  Help me to grasp the fact that, even in your punishment, your eye is on restoration.  Help me to be more like You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment