Friday, October 27, 2017

Hearing of love and faith

Scripture:

Philemon 4 "I thank my God always, making mention of thee in my prayers, hearing of thy love, and of the faith which thou hast toward Jesus Christ, and toward all the saints".

Observation:

Paul is writing a letter to Philemon about his slave Onesimus.  Paul opens the letter with a greeting and tells Philemon that he prays for him often because he has heard of his love and faith toward Jesus and all the saints.  Apparently Philemon had a reputation for being loving and full of faith.

Application:

If we want to be known for something, may it not be our money, our influence, our success or anything else.  May it be because of our love and faith toward God and others.  Jesus said the most important things are to love the Lord your God and to love your neighbor.  May my life be remembered for my love for God and people.

Prayer:

Father, I need you right now in my life.  Let my life be known for loving God and loving people.  May my heart remain true in that.  Keep my life simple and let my love for You and others be the motivating factor of my life. 

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment