Monday, October 16, 2017

Thou Hast Persuaded Me

Scripture:

Jeremiah 20:7 "O Jehovah, thou hast persuaded me, and I was persuaded; thou art stronger than I, and hast prevailed: I am become a laughing-stock all the day, every one mocketh me."

Observation:

Jeremiah here is telling the Lord about his internal dilemma.  In the next verse he says that because of the word of the Lord, he had become a reproach to the people and in his own mind, he felt like his only message was about the destruction.  He wanted to stop speaking the word of the Lord, but it says here that the Lord persuaded him because the Lord was stronger than he.  He was being laughed at and scorned, but God made him keep going forward.

Application:

Sometimes God asks us to do things that we don't understand.  There will be times when people don't understand what God is asking you to do.  Even so, we must walk in obedience. When Jeremiah wanted to just be quiet, God's word was like a fire shut up in his bones.  We need to walk in obedience, even when it makes us feel uneasy.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in obedience.  Help me to walk with You and to fulfill Your will for my life.  Teach me to hear the word of the Lord and to follow completely, even when it doesn't make sense.  You are amazing and I love you.  Help me to trust You, when I don't understand what You are doing.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment