Sunday, October 15, 2017

The Blessed Life

Scripture:

Jeremiah 17:7-8 "Blessed is the man that trusteth in Jehovah, and whose trust Jehovah is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, that spreadeth out its roots by the river, and shall not fear when the heat cometh, but its leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit".

Observation:

God says here that the man who trusts in the Lord will be like a tree next to the river that doesn't fear heat or drought.  It says he will have strong roots and it will always be green and never cease from bearing fruit. 

Application:

From these verses, I see that when we really walk in a trust relationship with the Lord, we will be very strong and always producing fruit.  When we follow His ways, we get His results, therefore, we need to trust the Lord more and more.  Our strength comes from Him and in Him we become like a tree planted by the water.

Prayer:

Father, I want to be like a tree planted by the water.  I want to trust You more each day.  Help me to follow You completely.  Teach me to trust You more and more.  Let my life be fruitful for You and Your kingdom.  I am Yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment