Saturday, October 14, 2017

Don't Pray for this People

Scripture:

Jeremiah 14:11-12 "And Jehovah said unto me, Pray not for this people for their good.  When they fast, I will not hear their dry; and when they offer burnt-offering and meal-offering, I will not accept them, but I will consume them by the sword, and by the famine, and by the pestilence."

Observation:

In this passage, God tells Jeremiah to quit praying for the good of his people, because He was not going to bless them.  He told Jeremiah that this people could offer all kinds of offerings, but He would not accept them because they had rejected His ways.  There was coming a harvest of the seed they had sown and nothing would change that.

Application:

God is more interested in our obedience, than our sacrifice.  He wants us to walk in obedience to His ways more than He wants us to do our religious duties.  Sometimes, we are praying for people who have sown terrible seeds.  Those seeds will have a harvest that will not be favorable, but if they start sowing good seeds, the harvest will turn around.  My spiritual father told me many times, "You can't rebuke a harvest".

Prayer:

Father, help me to sow good seed and to walk according to Your ways.  You are amazing and I want to serve You well.  Teach me to follow you completely and with a pure heart.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment