Monday, October 23, 2017

Good Intentions

Scripture:

Jeremiah 42:3  "that Jehovah thy God may show us the way wherein we should walk, and the thing that we should do."

Observation:

The people told Jeremiah to go speak to the Lord and to come back and tell them so they could know what to do and how they should walk.  With their mouth, they wanted to follow the Lord, but when it came right to it, they didn't believe the word of the Lord.  They had good intentions of following the Lord, but lacked the follow through when He spoke.

Application:

We are all filled with good intentions.  We all intend to follow the Lord completely, until He speaks and we have to do something we don't want to.  We all have good intentions of doing whatever the Lord speaks to us, but lack the follow through to do what He says.  It we don't do what He says, we shouldn't expect to hear His voice more.

Prayer:

God, give me a pure heart.  I don't want to live out of good intentions, but out of obedience to You.  I want to fulfill Your will for my life.  Speak clearly to me and let me hear.  I want to be a true follower of Yours, not matter what.  I want my life to be a life of surrender to You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment